Prayer, our personal and communal union with the Father, in Christ, through the Holy Spirit, is the living center of our life.
We pray together in different ways throughout the day:
- the Sacrifice of the Mass is the heart of our lives and of our day. Everyting we are and have, everything we do, finds its origin and its finality in the sacrificial offering of the Son to the Father, and in the Father's gift to us of his Son, in the Holy Spirit. That offering, that gift of Jesus' own life is made present for us at Mass.
- We start in the morning with 30 minutes of quiet meditation and Lectio Divina (prayerful reading of Sacred Scripture)
- We read and sing together the Divine Office, the prayer of the Church, which is composed of psalms, scripture and intercessions. We pray and sing together the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer, Midday Prayer, Evening Prayer and Compline everyday. If we are away on various apostolates, either as a group or alone, we carry out our prayer wherever we may be, in union with the sisters who are praying in the Priory.
- Everyday we also pray the Rosary, a prayer traditionally attributed to St Dominic, which helps us to meditate with Our Blessed Mother on the life, death and Resurrection of her Son our Lord Jesus Christ, and which is a powerful weapon of intercession.
- We close the day with 30 minutes of Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, worshipping together God-with-us, present on the Altar, our Lord Jesus Christ.